Search engine optimisation became an essential tool for business promotion. There are different optimisation techniques which may enhance your page rank and traffic. Clearly understand the importance of each technique and select the best one which suits your business strategy. An entrepreneur who can handle SEO may attain success in his business and can create a winning website which attracts potential customers.
On page and off page optimisation techniques help in creating brand exposure of your products. SEO experts believe that off-page optimisation is very important compared to on-page for competing with today’s competitive market. Google algorithm considers external sources to identify the relevancy and credibility of websites. Don’t just rely on on-page techniques. Implement both on-page and off-page tactics to advertise your business in the global market.
- Title tag: It’s the most powerful tag which increases your website visibility. Include keywords in title which enhances its visibility but make sure that you don’t exceed more than 70 characters in it.
- Meta tags: Meta description plays a major role in on-page optimisation. But most search engines will not consider Meta keywords. Popular search engines like Google, Yahoo use Meta tags so include keywords in those tags.
- Heading: Make sure that your title and heading tags look alike. Structure your site in an effective manner by using h1 tags for main heading and h2 for sub headings.
- Word count: Search engines like content. So try to include a number of words in your content to gain search engine attention.
- Images: Images speaks more than words. These are the eye catching elements on website. Make your site more inviting by adding images to it. Include keywords in ALT description.
- URL: URL locates your website from thousands of links on search engines. Make your URL more effective by including keywords in it.
- Keywords: This is a powerful element which decides your brand popularity. Select the most relevant keywords for your website. Google algorithms follow the latent semantic search. So include similar type of words instead of using specific one.
- Content: It is the heart of SEO. Write a unique and precise content which benefits users. Make sure that your information provides a solution for potential customers.
- Sitemap: sitemap indicates search engines that your site exists for crawling. For instance if you can generate site maps xml-sitemaps.com
- Link building: It is an important tool for website promotion. Gain backlinks from other sites which enhances your website traffic rate. Google considers quality backlinks in ranking the webpage.
- Anchor text: It determines the relevancy of your site. So include anchor text which targets your keyword.
- Directory submission: It is the easy way to build links. You need to submit your website data to online directories which includes title, description of products or services etc.
- Social bookmarking: It allows users to bookmark your site. Once if the user likes your website he can bookmark your site and can share that valuable information among others which increases your word of mouth.
- Article submission: It indicates writing articles related to your products or services which can be submitted to article directories. You can earn one-way links to websites.
- Forum posting: There can be numerous online forums related to your website. Participate in their discussion which builds your credibility and relationship.
- Guest posting: It’s the popular way to build your brand exposure. Through guest posting of blogs you can attract more visitors to website.